The Annual Education Results Report for the 2017 school year and the Education Plan for the three years commencing September 1, 2017 for Congregation House of Jacob – Mikveh Israel was prepared under the direction of the Board in accordance with its responsibilities under the Private Schools Regulation and the Education Grants Regulation. This document was developed in the context of the provincial government’s business and fiscal plans. The Board has used the results reported in the document, to the best of its abilities, to develop the Education Plan and is committed to implementing the strategies contained within the Education Plan to improve student learning and results. The Board approved this Combined Three Year Plan for 2017 – 2020 and AERR for 2016 – 2017.
President Akiva Board of Directors
Audited Financial Statements 2016-2017 - Akiva Academy click here.
Bill 24 click here.
Three Year Plan and Annual Education Results Report
The Vision of Akiva Academy is to be recognized, respected and valued throughout the Calgary Jewish Community as a place of excellence in Secular, Hebrew & Judaic learning.
The Mission of Akiva Academy is to welcome all Jewish families and to provide excellence in Secular, Hebrew & Judaic education while instilling a love of Judaism. In order to fulfill this mission we:
- Recognize the individual educational needs of each child, and provide strategies for them to learn to their full potential;
- Investigate new methods of teaching to ensure the best methods of learning;
- Immerse the children in Hebrew language by ensuring that Hebrew is taught by native Hebrew speakers, and teach through Ivrit b'Ivrit;
- Nurture the characteristics of “Menschlichkeit” to promote the development of a caring, sensitive and socially responsible Jew who will be a source of strength to our community;
- Teach and model Torah values with sensitivity and respect towards individuals’ religious observances and philosophies;
- Enrich secular learning skills, such as critical thinking, through Judaic learning; Provide a meaningful Jewish education emphasizing knowledge, skills and values in order to strengthen Jewish identities, thereby encouraging children to make informed choices about their Jewish life;
- Foster a lifelong love of learning that will motivate children throughout their lives, developing in each child a positive self-image and high self-esteem;
- Provide a welcoming environment that is open to all Jewish families & foster a sense of community both within the school and the greater Calgary Jewish Community;
- Instill in our students an attachment to the State of Israel and its people as well as a sense of responsibility for their welfare.
THE ISRAEL AND GOLDA KOSCHITZKY TORAH CENTRE